Saturday, June 07, 2014

Money in Today's society

When I met this guy collecting for a yeshiva that he works for, I asked him why he is collecting. He responded "They cannot do any of their great plans without money"---Obviously. I wondered if he went to his boss and asked him how he can help out the yeshiva most. What would his boss tell him? I am sure that if he could convince him to go make money and send it all to his organization he would be very happy. He would not feel as if he is missing a good rebbe "Help what am I going to do". There are many qualified potential rebbis out there. The point is today, I believe, if one wants to really help orthodox institutions it is a no brainer that if he really was leshem Shamayim he would do what is most need and that is...Bring more money to the table but not by collecting and vying for a place in line by some "Gvir" who would just be shuffling his money around and give less to organization "X" and more to organization "Y" but go do business hopefully be successful and enlarge the whole pie and bring more money to the collective table!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home